As of June 26th, face coverings are now a requirement across Salt Lake County. Wearing a face covering correctly is one of the easiest things we can do to help our local businesses and neighbors successfully weather this challenging time.
In Salt Lake County, face coverings will be required:
- At public gatherings, indoor or out, where consistent social distancing is not possible.
- While waiting outside or inside retail and other public locations, including bars and restaurants until seated.
Face coverings will not required:
- Outdoors when social distancing is easily maintained.
- On a person with a health condition exacerbated by a face covering.
- On children under 2 years old.
- When wearing a face covering would prevent the performance of the essential functions of a person’s job or work.
- In circumstances not reasonably conducive to wearing a face covering, such as while swimming or engaging in strenuous physical activity.
The goal of the requirement is not to penalize anyone; the goal is to send a strong, clear message about the gravity of our current COVID circumstances and the importance of face coverings in effectively addressing this concerning data.
The Glendale Community Council is offering reusable, durable masks for residents. You can request yours by completing the following survey and a volunteer will drop a mask off at your doorstep with no contact required.
These reusable masks can be sanitized and are durable to last a while. Supplies are limited. Completing the form is confidential and provides us with the information we need to deliver the masks.
You may submit updates for publication to our Chair Turner Bitton at email@example.com.